- PIFN collects personal information about you from the following sources: Information received from your application to participate in PIFN activities or sanctioned events, registration for such activities, consents, waivers, registration for forums or registrations for instructor or volunteer programs, registration as a supporting or other PIFN member;
- Information provided by clubs, schools, ROTC units or other such organizations hosting PIFN or sanctioned events, at your request or on your behalf.
PIFN will use such information to:
- Communicate with you regarding your participation in events, your membership or volunteer/instructor status;
- Complete payments to PIFN for membership, event tickets, or other requested services;
- Confirm your registration for events or verify the correctness of such information with you;
- Verify your eligibility to participate in such event or activity;
- Inform PIFN and sanctioned/affiliate Event Directors of your participation in their events;
- Maintain records of your membership in PIFN and contact you regarding it;
- Record your participation in PIFN or affiliated/sanctioned events;
- Report your completion of a sanctioned class or match to include your scores or qualification status as well as your contact information to the National Rifle Association, Civilian Marksmanship Program, or similar sanctioning authority, unless you opt out in writing before the end of the event.
PIFN websites may place one or more cookies on the visitor’s web browsers to collect miscellaneous traffic data and maintain application status. Information from such cookies may be used for analysis of the performance of web sites and other systems but will not be maintained in a personally identifiable format.
PIFN may maintain directories or email lists in order to contact participants, members, and instructors and other volunteers or to allow members to contact one another. From time to time we may send periodical newsletters to those included in these lists. In all cases, an opt-out will be offered to those who do not wish to receive such communications or participate in such directories. This opt-out will be offered via the relevant communications or may be accomplished by using the Contact Us page of our website, specifying the email address and the list(s) from which it should be removed. Members, volunteers or attendees may also request to be removed from any directory maintained by PIFN. Personal identifying information may be required to authenticate such requests.
Children Under 13: PIFN allows participation by and extends junior membership to minors under the age of 13. However, we request that the parents or guardians of such minors use their own personal information when registering the child for events or membership.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, PIFN may make further use of personal information, such as publication, with an explicit opt-in and/or model release by the affected member(s), volunteer(s) or attendee(s).
To contact a PIFN official regarding this policy, please use the form on the Contact Us page of our website.