Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) and CPR Classes
November 4, 2017
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Event Host: Rick Kischuk firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: See registration levels – $45 to $100 depending on the option chosen. Up to $50 credit towards your cost of leading future trip for CIWC.
Maximum/Minimum number: 40/10
Holliday Park: 6363 Spring Mill Rd., Indianapolis
Date: November 4, 2017 – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Cancellation Date: October 15th (fee must be received by this
The entire day (9 AM to 4 PM) at Holliday will be devoted to Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) and CPR Classes. These are for current CIWC trip leaders with certifications expiring before the 2018 trip season and / or those new people wishing to become trip leaders.
This training is required to be a CIWC trip leader and you’ll find the classes to be pertinent to the type of trips we do and the venues we travel to. The class instructor is Doug Pyle, EMT with the Fishers Fire Department. Doug is also an outdoor adventurer and Boy Scout leader. He has been teaching classes for CIWC for 3 years.
Holliday Park is located at 6363 Spring Mill Rd, Indianapolis. Building opens at 9:00 AM and the WFA class will start approximately at 9:15 AM and will go 4 to 4.5 hours.
There will be a short lunch break so bring a sack lunch as there will not be time to leave the property.
The CPR class will start promptly at 1:45 PM.
We have to be out of the building by 4:00 PM
You will be issued an e-card based upon the name in your registration.
Please send questions to: Rick Kischuk at email@example.com
There are several options that you’ll see within the registration levels.
· If you have valid and current CPR certification you do not need to take CPR again, but bring your card to the class.
· If you do not have a valid or current CPR certification then you need to select a registration level that includes CPR.
· Either a field guide (soft cover, water resistant booklet) or an eBook (downloadable) is required for the BWFA class. You can choose either at the corresponding price. $25 for the field guide or $15 for the eBook. If you already have the field guide from a previous class then getting the eBook is a good option as you can download it to your phone.
· CPR gets discounted from $45 to $25 if you take the CPR the same day as WFA.
· Only select one registration level.
· When you lead your next (or first) trip you will receive a credit up to $50 for the training you have paid for.